Translate this blog to your local language

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Concepting the Festering Mummy

Greetings, VoZ players. Do not adjust your computer screen, this is not a test. The Devs have taken over.

For the past two weeks, I have been working on concepting a major character called the Festering Mummy. This is a piece that was started by my friend and fellow artist Mikella Touchstone. As you can see, she laid the crucial foundation for what is shaping up to be a fun and scary character.










Once I got my legs and began approaching it with my own mind and careful hand, it didn't take long to flesh out the character. At first, it was only the drawing itself, taking into consideration the feel and tone.




Once I got the overall design down, I began adding in other elements. Deciding that his was an ancient Egyptian mummy, the accessories fell into place rather fast. The color palette was carefully chosen, going for lots of purples and blues. Being a Void character, it seemed only natural.


Now that the look and color are decided, it's off to the turnaround for the 3D team!



Thanks for reading, and we'll see you next time!

Casey Cebulski, 2D Concept Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment